Communicate to connect with clients, colleagues, bosses, and employees
PROGRAM: At Your Service™
(a.k.a., Avoid the Seven Service Sins, Create Heavenly Client Experiences)
PERFECT FOR: Anyone who wants to empower their staff dealing with the public, strategically use resources to create memorable customer experiences, and increase your client satisfaction levels. You’re a front-line staff member, guest relations pro, healthcare provider dealing with patients, client rep or a manager. Whatever your position, the one thing you have in common is that you provide a service to your internal colleagues or external customers and stakeholders — they’re all your clients. You work for a public, private or not-for-profit organization that is client-oriented and interested in fostering customer satisfaction, loyalty, referrals and repeat business.
DURATION: 60 minute, half-day, full-day or 2-day session. Session content and depth will be altered to accommodate the learning objectives and amount of time allocated to this session by the client.
Customer service is our reason for being, and Marion gave us lots of great advice on how we can make it even better.
Kitchener Public Library
Arlene K. Stone, Q.A.A. National Vice President, Association of Administrative Assistants
DESCRIPTION: Imagine if you had a formula to provide amazing customer service. It would begin with understanding various communication styles, including your own, and how to build bridges between them, allowing you to connect with all types of clients. It would include hard-core, proven techniques for establishing rapport, dealing with difficult people and situations, and creating wonderful and lasting impressions.
You would unlock your ability to build relationships, reinforce your organization’s brand, and grab the competitive edge. Marion’s “At Your Service” program pulls from her 30-plus years of in-the-trenches experience as a Director Communications and Promotion at international airports, national museums and federal institutions. She candidly shares her real-life stories of customer service challenges along with solutions she’s honed to manage them. You will never look at customer service in quite the same way … and the lucky recipients of your service will notice.
Nicole McCallion, Special Events Coordinator, Greater Ottawa Home Builders’ Association
AFTER THIS SESSION, YOU’LL KNOW HOW TO:
- Identify and build on your existing customer service strengths
- Build a team of support amongst like-minded customer service colleagues
- Make a great and lasting first impression with body language and greetings
- Identify each contact point as a chance to enhance the customer experience
- Connect with all types of clients (PS: they might not be difficult, just different)
- De-escalate contentious disgruntled client situations
- Flip a negative experience into a positive customer service opportunity (use C+C)
- Adjust your mindset and response when things go wrong (2 steps, 4 flipping questions)
- Turn a complainer into your best ally (a simple 3-step process that really works)
- Empower yourself and save your boss time (you won’t have to escalate the situation)
Professional Development Director, Project Management Institute
Get FREE ARTICLES from Marion every couple weeks that give you proven strategies to communicate in the workplace, get your message heard, and become a communicator of influence
NOTE: By OPTING-IN, you consent to us emailing you updates on Marion’s programs and services. You may unsubscribe at any time, and we share your contact info with no one. We hate spam and know you do too!