Communicate to connect with clients, colleagues, bosses, and employees
WORKSHOP: Have Your Say, Get Your Way™
(...without being a bully or beeyotch)
PERFECT FOR: Biz owners, Managers, Volunteers and Employees at all levels, who want to get heard, influence decision-makers and communicate concerns. If you find yourself in situations where you wonder if you should speak up or walk away, if you wish you had a step-by-step formula to express yourself in difficult situations, if you want to say what you’re really thinking and just don’t know how, then this program is for you.
Member, Clinic Managers of British Columbia
DURATION: 60 minutes, half-day, full day (or multi-day online program). Content is modified to accommodate client time requirements.
DESCRIPTION: Do you remember a time when you wish you had spoken up? Maybe you had a great idea, but no one in the boardroom heard it. Or worse yet, someone else blurted out what you wanted to say and got all the credit. Have you ever been so upset about something that you just couldn’t find the words to productively express yourself, so you either exploded in anger or burst into tears? Maybe you walked away in avoidance, resignation or frustration? On that very day, you wanted to have your say, to share your expertise, to stand your ground and be heard; you just didn’t know how. With the “IDEAL Say It System”, you’ll know when and how to speak up or walk away, and do it all without regret. You’ll be equipped to influence the decision-makers in your life.
Do you …
- sit in meetings and keep it all inside until you explode?
- want to kick yourself for saying too much?
- meet with clients and shudder at the thought of sharing your concerns?
- get tired of saying, “wish I’d said that”?
- struggle with knowing when to say something or remain silent?
- live in a constant state of regret and uncertainty about what you said or didn’t say?
Vice-President, Tiree Workplace Facility Solutions (Ottawa, ON)
- With Marion’s “IDEAL Say It System™”, you’ll …- Identify your triggers (what pushes your buttons?)
- Describe your default response (discover your personality strengths and patterns)
- Explore the options (Marion’s “S.U.S.A. Decision Model™ will show you how)
- Assert or accept (know exactly what to say and never be tongue-tied again)
- Let go to move forward (6 salient questions that let you release the guilt and regret that tether you down)
YOU’LL KNOW HOW TO …
- Decisively determine if it’s best to speak up or step down
- Influence decision-makers (get your expertise heard)
- Position yourself as a leader
- Be active in meetings when it makes the most sense
- Get noticed by clients, peers, and your industry
- Present your contrary viewpoint and feedback, respectfully
- Decrease stress, frustration and regret in what you said or didn’t say
- Foster honest and authentic relationships with clients, colleagues, bosses and employees
BONUS: the skills and techniques you gain will be useful in your personal life too!
This session will assist you in knowing exactly when to speak up or step away, what to say, how to assess results and adjust behaviour, and most importantly, how to let go to move forward. Stop whipping yourself for staying silent or saying too much and start using these systems to communicate without regret.
Get FREE ARTICLES from Marion every couple weeks that give you proven strategies to communicate in the workplace, get your message heard, and become a communicator of influence
NOTE: By OPTING-IN, you consent to us emailing you updates on Marion’s programs and services. You may unsubscribe at any time, and we share your contact info with no one. We hate spam and know you do too!