FOCUS GROUP FACILITATORS -- resource materials
Hi Focus Group (FG) facilitators. I am delighted to have you onboard for this exciting project. To assure you that you have the most recent and up-to-date copies and links for your online Focus Groups, I’ve posted the latest and final version of everything you’ll need to conduct your session. We reviewed all these documents during our online FG briefing session on August 30, 2021 and I have updated them per our discussions. I’ve also included other useful information in this place so you’ll have it at your fingertips. Hope that helps.
MARION’S TEXT/PHONE #: 289-969-7691
If you have urgent matters or questions on Wednesday, 29 September, 2021, I am available all day to receive your texts before, during, and after your FG. I am also available via email firstname.lastname@example.org the following two days as you prepare your draft reports before you submit your finals via SurveyMonkey.
WE’RE ZOOM MEETING ON FOCUS GROUP DAY:
- DATE: Wednesday, 29 September 2021
- TIME: 12:15pm to 12:45pm (30 minutes)
- ZOOM LINK: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85663885319?pwd=RGdrL21sM1l4emgrekljZnJzSUNYdz09 (Meeting ID: 856 6388 5319, Passcode: 281784)
- PURPOSE: to update on how sessions going, and to discuss any issues, problems, suggestions
- DUE Wednesday, September 29, 2021: You conduct your Focus Groups
- DUE Friday, October 1, 2021: You draft and submit your three FG reports via SurveyMonkey
- DUE Approximately Friday, October 8, 2021: You invoice me (MarionSpeaks)
- DUE Approximately Friday, October 15, 2020: I will e-transfer you the payment. Please ensure I have your phone # as I will text you the PW
YOUR DOCUMENTS AND LINKS:
The up-to-date downloadable documents below are as follows:
- (FINAL) PPT deck
- **Updated 26sept2021– (FINAL) FG DRAFT REPORT-notetaking
- **Updated (participants) 24sept20221 by Tiree — (FINAL) FG Schedule, Zoom links, & participants per FG
- (FINAL) Your Participant list (note-taking form)
- MarionSpeaks logo (to upload as virtual screen behind you and/or for waiting room)
- (FINAL) FG Flow
- (FINAL) Polls you create
- Link to submit each FG report
- (FINAL) PPT DECK:
This is the PPT deck. Please download it and use it for each of your FG sessions.
SUGGESTION TO STAY ON TIME: You may wish to print out a handout you can use for quick reference during your FG, noting the running time where you should be for key slides.
SUGGESTION AT INTRO OF SESSION: All participants are familiar with Zoom (to varying degrees). I suggest the only features you need to quickly point out are the “chat” and how to turn on their mics (which is what their “intro” is for).
BACKGROUND: An online survey was conducted on Wednesday, June 23 to Friday, June 25, 2021. All employees (approximately 200) were invited to respond anonymously online. It measured employee engagement and Tiree’s areas of strength and possible improvement. This FG is a continuation of that study.
2. (FINAL) FG DRAFT REPORT–NOTETAKING:
NOTE … UPDATED 26 SEPT 2021: this version includes a quick multiple choice for each of the FG questions. For example:
* 6. Q1 EXEC SUMMARY: In general, the tone of conversation around Q1, “What do you LIKE MOST about working at Tiree?” was … (SELECT ONE)
a) Mostly positive (about working at Tiree)
b) Somewhat positive
c) Neither positive or negative (mixed)
d) Somewhat negative
e) Mostly negative (about working at Tiree)
Use this DRAFT note-taking document (for handwritten or typed in notes as FG is taking place). It’s in Word format to facilitate typing in your answers so you can cut and paste them into the online FG final report for each of your FG.
3. (FINAL) FG SCHEDULE, ZOOM LINKS, & PARTICIPANTS PER FG:
Verify your Zoom links. For each FG, note # of participants and what “employee category” they fall into … you’ll need those numbers for your FG report.
COMING SOON … WHEN TIREE SUBMITS FINAL PARTICIPANT LIST PER FG.
IN THE MEANTIME, THIS IS WHAT THEY HAVE TO DATE (some FG full, others still awaiting responses from employees)
4. YOUR PARTICIPANT LIST (NOTE-TAKING FORM):
Use this form to fill in the names and titles of your participants for each of your FG, prior to your session beginning. You’ll get these names from the FG SCHEDULE, ZOOM LINKS, PARTICIPANTS form mentioned above.
NOTE: This form is in Word format (vs. PDF) so you can fill in the info.
5. MARIONSPEAKS LOGO:
Please download this logo and then upload it as a virtual background during your sessions, and/or for your waiting room.
6. FG FLOW:
Here is your flow chart for each FG indicating time allotment per question, polls (2 required, 1 optional), and breakout groups. Note that the last one or two questions can be plenary vs. breakouts if pressed for time.
7. POLLS YOU CREATE FOR EACH FG:
This document outlines the 3 polls you must create in each of your FGs. During your FG, manually record the # of respondents for each poll question.
Note that Poll #1 and #3 are required, and Poll #2 is optional (if you have time)
8. LINK TO SUBMIT EACH FG REPORT:
Submit your final report per focus group via SurveyMonkey using this link. Cut and paste your responses from your draft note-taking form as you won’t be able to amend your input once submitted.